Saturday 10 March 2012

In My Mailbox #11


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.


It's always exciting to get books in the mail to gush about in these IMM posts. Not only does it mean I don't have to leave the house to get them, but I always feel a little special getting packages, even if they're books I bought for myself.


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

I've heard so much about this book and after seeing a few amazing reviews from friends online, I decided I had to have it. Looking forward to seeing what it's like for myself.






Demonglass - Rachel Hawkins.

I may have squealed and jumped around the house when I found Demonglass in the mailbox on Friday. I cannot wait to read the sequel to Hex Hall. I loved the first book and I'm in the mood for more Sophie entertainment. 






Best books of this week came from the lovely Sarah. I cannot thank you enough Sarah for making my day with awesome books.

Soulless - Christopher Golden

Zombies. I've never read a book that had zombies as its main focus. I'm a little nervous about starting, especially if I read at night, but Sarah said it was a good book, so I'm going to trust her and dive into a zombie book.




New Girl - Paige Harbison

I know almost nothing about New Girl and I wasn't expecting it from Sarah. I love surprise books though, so I already like the book. Hopefully I can take that like with me when I go to read it.




Touch of Power - Maria V. Snyder

Another surprise book. I've been dying to read this one ever since I read a few amazing reviews. I think Sarah's dying for me to read it too. (I've got another copy of Touch of Power headed my way soon, so Sarah's copy is going to Kerrie)






And that's my mailbox for this week

Kim

10 comments:

  1. I've also heard some amazing things about Mara and am dying to read it! I'll be on the lookout for a review of it :)

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard not to get excited about books when you hear awesome things about them. I already feel like I love Mara and I haven't even opened the book yet. Hope you get to read it soon too.

      Kim

      Delete
  2. Yay for book parcels! I bought New Girl but still haven't read it and I'm looking forward to my won copy of A Touch of of Power :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for Touch of Power to arrive, not just because it's fun to get packages :)

      Kim

      Delete
  3. AMAZING mailbox! <3 You'll love The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! It's SIMPLY AMAZING! And while I haven't read Hex Hall, I'm really curious of DemonGlass! Can't wait for your review!

    YES! Sarah is seriously AWESOME! <3 I haven't heard of Soulless but New Girl & Touch of Power are both AMAZING! <3

    Happy reading and I hope you've had lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have been aware of Soulless if it wasn't for Sarah. But I definitely think I'm going to avoid reading it at night. Or at least make sure I have other people in the house so I'm not reading it alone.

      Kim

      Delete
  4. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MARA DYER! MARA DYER! MARA DYER! EEK! I hope you love it! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    Hehehe! Aaah, Kim, I hope you enjoy them, and I hope you LOVE ToP when you get to it! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the feeling you LOVE Mara Dyer :P

      My own copy of ToP turned up this morning (along with 4 other books)...it's going to be tough to decide what to read next.

      Kim

      Delete
  5. MARA DYER! Oh, please tell me you'll fall for Noah <3 Desperate to get Spell Bound because I love the Hex Hall series! *squees* Touch of Power. Maria V. Snyder. ENOUGH SAID.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Mara yet, but from what I've heard Noah's hard not to love. So I think it's safe to say I love him already. I just finished Demonglass last night and I'm dying for Spell Bound too. I've had that reaction to owning ToP a lot this week. Can't wait to read it.

      Kim

      Delete