Sunday 29 April 2012

In My Mailbox #16


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.


I surprised myself this week by actually buying a couple of books. I haven't bought anything for myself in such a long time and I had to stop myself from going a little crazy and buying every book I could get my hands on. Check out my goodies below.



Rhiannon of the Spring - Allen Frenwin Jones

The first book in the Destiny's Path series, given to me by Hachette. I keep seeing the covers everywhere and they're gorgeous. I love a good action heroine. And a Saxon invasion which forces the heroine to fight? Perfect! Can't wait to see what this one is like.

[Note on the cover: I usually use Goodreads covers and they're pretty good at having all editions loaded for well established books. But Goodreads has the series down as the "Warrior Princess" series and Hachette clearly markets the series as "Destiny's Path" and I wanted to show the copy I received, so just note, the book will be labelled differently on Goodreads.]



Storm - Brigid Kemmerer

I have been waiting what feels like forever for this book! I read the prequel novella (Elementals - same as the series name) a few weeks ago when I needed something amazing to lift my spirits, and it did. Since then, I've been dying for more of the Merrick Brothers and to find out just what their lives are really like. I've just about finished Storm, so look for the review soon. It's an amazing book so far.




Black Dawn - Rachel Caine

The next instalment in the Morganville Vampires series, another I've been waiting forever for. Morganville is a strange little town, one I've become addicted to, especially in the last couple of books. The energy has just jumped to a whole new level. I'm looking forward to getting back into this world.




Book marks & badges from my lovely twitter friend, Pavan. A couple of the bookmarks are signed. You can see Slide's signature, but Shade's also signed :) Thank you so much Pavan :)




Speaking of signed swag. This meant to go up a couple of weeks ago, but family issues made me forget. Signed bookmarks and extra special book plates from Jeri Smith-Ready. I may have squealed when I saw they had arrived.



And that's my mailbox for this week.

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Great mailbox! Really glad you enjoyed Storm :) And oooh look at the pretty swag! <3 Can't wait to read the Shade series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been pretty awkward if I didn't enjoy Storm, after I spent so much time obsessing over it BEFORE I got the book. I love the Shade series, it's definitely one of my faves.

      Thanks for stopping by, Lisa.

      Kim

      Delete
  2. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! STOOOOOOORM! AKDGJJAFDJ! So glad you got it, Kim!

    AND BLACK DAAAAWN! I need to start reading this series, like, NOW.

    Also: YUMMY SWAAAG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was pretty much my reaction when I found it in Big W, Sarah. I'm glad I got it too.

      Morganville's pretty fun. The last few books have really brought the series up a level.

      Kim

      Delete