Friday 16 September 2011

In My Mailbox #1






In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.



This is my first attempt at a book blog meme. I picked 'In My Mailbox' because I've seen it around a lot and because my mailbox has been very busy this week, so I wanted to share some of my buys.

It also happens to be my first attempt at basic HTML stuff: photos, links etc. I haven't quit worked out all the tricks, but I'm getting there; not up to doing anything too fancy just yet. So I'm hoping everything turns out alright.


A bit of a random buy for me. I already own the UK versions of Jana's books, 'Forsaken' and 'Forbidden'. But I was discussing the series with a friend in America, and we discovered that a couple of words/scenes were removed from the UK versions. I decided I had to have to US ones too so I could find these missing scenes...and I think the covers are pretty. You can never have too many copies of a good book.


Shade and Shift - Jeri Smith-Ready
Months ago a friend on Twitter told me to read this series. I looked it up, thought it sounded interesting, but sort of forgot to get it (she also recommended Rachel Vincent's 'Soul Screamers' series, which I put off reading for ages...I will never ignore her suggestions again). Can't wait to start Shade.


Unearthly - Cynthia Hand
I've already read (and reviewed) 'Unearthly', but I didn't own a copy. While the Australian cover is pretty too, I originally read Kerrie's copy and she had this pretty, white UK cover; so I had to get it. 

&

I know almost nothing about 'The Sweet Scent of Blood' except that it has been on my TBR list for over a year. While I wanted to read it eventually, I was in no rush to find it. Walking through Coles yesterday my mum and I stopped at the magazine rack and there was 'The Sweet Scent of Blood' staring at me, telling me to buy it...so I did


Emblaze - Jessica Shirvington
The best book that showed up this week. I have Kerrie to thank for getting me obsessed with Jessica's 'The Violet Eden Chapters' and I was lucky to win an early copy on Facebook on Tuesday. I'm surprised the book arrived already, Hachette's quick to send out prizes.




And that's it for my mailbox this week. 
Kim

8 comments:

  1. Hm. Well I couldn't comment using Twitter so now I'm following through Google. Anyway... epic first IMM post. Can't wait to see what you get next week. :)

    I'm going to have to acquire a copy of Embrace soon through book depo since you keep telling me how awesome that series is. :P Yeah, winning is fun!! We are winners this week. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashley I don't know if I would call the post epic, but thanks for thinking it was good.
    Yes! You should definitely buy it. I know I've said that before, but it's still true now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the covers of the Jana Oliver books! A nice series of covers :)

    Michele | my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri-Smith Ready's books are awesome. New follower. You had a very good week. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Michele//Just a Lil Lost
    I know, Jana's books are gorgeous, I adore them. Thanks Michele.

    @Grace Fonseca I've heard great things abour Jeri's books, so I'm really looking forward to reading them. Thanks for following, I'll definitely go check out your blog :)


    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. some great books. I hadn't heard of a few of them. Will have to check into them more. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Shanella I'm slowly discovering why IMM is such a great meme, because you discover new books all the time. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! Can't wait to see your reviews!

    Steph
    Steph's Stacks

    ReplyDelete